No companies or views are displayed in the web application's treeview.
26 January 2005
A user can successfully log in to the AnyView Browser web page. The main page is displayed but there are no companies or views listed in the treeview on the left.
This occurs for the following reasons:
- The user has not been given access to views/objects in SmartList Security.
- The user has not been given access to at least one object favorite in AV Web Object Setup.
Verify that the user has been granted access to SmartList Objects in the 'SmartList Security' window. To do so:
- Open the 'SmartList Security' window (Tools >Setup > System > SmartList Security).
- Select the user from the 'User Id' pull down menu.
- In the 'SmartList Objects' field click on the checkbox next to the objects you want to grant access to.
- Click 'Ok'.
If the user is still not able to see any companies or views in the web application, follow the procedure below to grant access to object favorites in AV Web Object Setup.
AV Web Object Setup Favorites
Verify that the user has been granted access to at least one 'Favorite' for at least one object in the 'Web Object Security' window of AV Web Object Setup. To do so:
- Open the 'AV Web Object Setup' window (Utilities > System > AnyView > AV Web Object Setup).
- From the 'Action' field select 'Modify Object Settings' and click 'Next'.
- From the 'Select Web Object' window select the object you want to grant access to and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Next' from the 'Select Web Object Restrictions' window.
- Click 'Next' from the 'Select Web Object Gotos' window.
- In the 'Web Object Security' window expand the treeview for the user or login type so that the list of object favorites is visible.
- Click on the checkbox next to each favorite you want to grant access to. At least one favorite must be checked for this object to be visible for the user or login type.
- Click 'Next' and then click 'Finish' to save these settings.
Repeat the procedure for other object favorites you want to grant access to.