Error 'Object Expected' occurs in the AnyView IDS Advanced Grid on the Windows 2003 Server Family
5 September 2004
This problem is caused by tightened security policy implemented by IIS 6.0. By default, IIS 6.0 will only deliver web contents which MIME type has been registered in the metabase. Certain web application components, such as the AnyView IDS Advanced Grid use Encoded JScript as the client side runtime. However, the MIME type for Encoded JScript is not registered by default on Windows 2003 server. This is causing all web pages that implement Encoded JScript to generate the client side Java Script error.
To resolve this problem, simply add the .jse to the MIME Type in IIS metabase. See detailed instructions below:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Right click on the SERVERNAME (local computer) node.
- Select "Properties".
- Click on the MIME Types button.
- Click New to add entry.
- Type ".jse" in the Extension textbox. (Without double quote)
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Property dialog box.
- Right click on the SERVERNAME again.
- Select "All Tasks".
- Click "Restart IIS..." to apply the changes.
For more information security restrictions and configuration in IIS 6.0, please read IIS 6.0 Help and References.