To allow the AnyView IDS (184.108.40.206 and earlier) web application to operate on a server with Windows SharePoint Services installed the following modifications must be made:
1) The <trust>, <httpModules> and <pages> sections in the AnyView IDS web.config must be uncommented. To do this:
a) Locate the AnyView IDS web.config. In a typical installation this is installed to:
C:\Program Files\Accountable Software Inc\AnyView IDS\Web Application\Web.config.
b) Open the Web.config with Notepad.
c) Locate the section of the Web.config shown below and per the instructions uncomment the <trust>, <httpModules>, and <pages> sections.
<!-- Indicates the beginning of a comment.
--> Indicates the end of a comment.
To uncomment delete the beginning and end of comment markers highlighted below:
<!-- WINDOWS SHAREPOINT SERVICES SUPPORT
To allow an AnyView web application to operate on a server with WSS installed:
1. Uncomment the following <trust>, <httpModules>, and <pages> sections.
Set the trust to Full. WSS configures a very restrictive trust policy that does not allow ASP.NET Web application to run correctly.
Enable the session module. If you receive the following message:
Parser Error Message: The module 'Session' is already in the application and cannot be added again. You can remove the following <httpModules></httpModules> section as session is already enabled on the virtual server.
Enable session state for all the pages in the Web application.
2. Exclude the AnyView web application URL from WSS managed paths by using the Sharepoint Administration Application.
<trust level="Full" originUrl="" />
<add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule"/>
<pages enableSessionState="true" enableViewState="true" enableViewStateMac="true" validateRequest="false" />
d) Select File > Save to save the changes.
2) If Windows SharePoint Services is installed on the Default web site, it will attempt to control access to or the settings of, all URLs directed to the Default web site.
If the AnyView IDS URL is on a web site that is managed by SharePoint Services, the "Exclude Managed Paths" functionality of the SharePoint Services Administration tool must be used to exclude the AnyView IDS URL from SharePoint management.
a) Exclude AnyView IDS from Managed Paths in WSS
Please consult the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Administrator guide for instructions on how to use the "Exclude Managed Paths" functionality. The following steps are only intended to serve as a guide:
- Open "SharePoint Central Administration" (Start -> Administrative tools -> Sharepoint Central Administration).
- Select Configure Virtual Server Settings -> Default Web Site.
- From the "Virtual Server management" section select "Define Managed Paths".
- Add a new path and enter "/AnyviewIDS" - Type = Excluded path.
- Click OK