AnyView IDS Version 6 Upgrade Guide
10 August 2010
In order to complete the version 6 installation, follow these steps:
- Install IDS Elements on the Web Server - Run the "AccountableSoftwareInc.AnyViewInstall.Install.msi" or Setup.exe file to:
- Merge Web Application Changes, if code or style customizations were made.
In order to upgrade your AnyView IDS System database you should:
- Make a backup of your AnyView IDS Database.
- Follow the Installation Guide for installation steps. (F1 key from the Database Setup Wizard)
Note: When entering the database name in the Database Setup wizard be sure to enter the name of your existing AnyView IDS System database. Once you do, the Setup Wizard will detect that you are upgrading from an earlier version and make any changes needed to update that copy of the database to version 6.
- Exit the Database Setup Wizard without attempting to activate your IDS install.
Note: When upgrading, your AnyView IDS installation is already activated. Version 6 will accept your previous license.
Web Application Upgrade
To upgrade your AnyView IDS Web Application you should:
- Follow the Installation Guide for installation steps. (F1 key from the Web Application Setup Wizard)
Note: When entering the Web Application name in the Web Application Setup wizard be sure to enter the name of your existing AnyView IDS Web Application. The Setup Wizard will install the version 6 web application using the existing web app name so that the IDS URL does not change for your users.
The installation of the AnyView IDS Web Application always creates a new physical file directory for the Web Application version. This ensures that your previous version changes are never overwritten during the install.
- Review the Merge Web Application Changes section below.
To Install and configure the new version of the AnyView IDS Console(s) you should:
- Follow the Installation Guide for installation steps.
- Launch the Console and enter configuration information (or copy the AnyViewAdmin.config file from your previous version's Console directory).
- Repeat the Console install on any workstation on which you installed the previous version of the Console.
Merge Web Application Changes
When you install the version 6 Web Application, any changes that you may have made to your previous version are not included in the new version. This occurs because the physical directory for the web application is different per version. To include your changes in the new web application, you must:
- Copy any custom ".xsl" files you have created for styling XML Views to the new directory.
- Copy the Custom Links.xml" page (if previously modified) to the new directory.
- Any custom changes made to code pages in your previous version must be redone in version 6 pages.
* Version 6 represents significant changes to the AnyView IDS Web Application. Specific file changes, along with steps to mitigate the impact of these changes on your customizations of IDS are documented in the Change File
included in the download of AnyView IDS version 6.