Error: failed init when printing with or setting up Forms Printer
12 January 2004
When opening the Forms Printer Setup window and/or when printing a Forms printer report, the following error is displayed:
Microsoft Business Solutions-Great Plains
This error occurs when one or more of the following files are unregistered or missing:
Verify that the files listed above exist in the System32 directory.
- If they do not exist:
- Reinstall Forms Printer using the executable file provided by Accountable Software.
- Check to see if the files exist.
- Verify that the error is now corrected.
- If the files exist in the System32 directory, register each file:
- Select the windows 'Start' button.
- Select the 'Run...' menu option.
- Type "regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\ATL.dll" (where C:\winnt is the location of the System32 directory.)
- Select the 'OK' button.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to register the Mfc42.dll and Msscript.ocx files.
NOTE - This issue was reported after using the Great Plains template installer rather than installing Forms Printer from the executable file. It is important to use the executable provided by Accountable Software to install Forms Printer on each workstation to ensure that files such as these are properly installed and registered.
If this does not resolve the problem, please contact the Accountable Technical Support Team for further assistance:
Phone: 484-875-0600 ext. 9
Email: Accountable Software Technical Support Team