Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error! Program: path to dynamics.exe abnormal program
1 January 2004
When trying to send a Forms Printer report directly to the printer, the following error message is displayed:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: path to dynamics.exe
abnormal program termination
After selecting 'OK', the Great Plains application terminates.
The first step to take in troubleshooting this issue is to map to an unmodified version of the sample report. If the sample report does not generate this behavior, then the problem is with the modifications made to the sample report.
We have seen this behavior occur when the table definitions in the Crystal Report do not match the database. This can happen when columns are added to the table or column definitions (such as the size of the column) have changed.
To resolve this issue:
- Open the failing report in Crystal Reports.
- From the Database menu, select 'Verify Database'.
- You will be prompted to choose a data source from the list or open a file DSN from the browse button. Choose the temporary DSN that you created for modifying Forms Printer Crystal Reports and select 'Next'. Please see the database specific "Modifying Sample Reports" section of the Forms Printer documentation for details on how to create a temporary DSN.
- Enter a database User ID and Password and select 'Finish'.
- You will be prompted to remove each of the tables that have had changes. Say 'No' to each of the prompts.
- Select 'OK' to the message "The database is now up to date."
- Save the report.
If the sample report generates this error, or if this does not resolve the problem, please contact the Accountable Technical Support Team for further assistance:
Phone: 484-875-0600 ext. 9
Email: Accountable Software Technical Support Team