Download the version of INQUIRY compatible with your Dynamics SL version.
Obtain an Activation key from Accountable Software.
Have access to a SQL Server administrative login.
The installation of INQUIRY for Dynamics SL involves five steps.
1. Run the Installation Wizard Obtain a copy of the INQUIRY Installation zip package and use the Setup or msi application to begin the install.
Double click on the Setup.exe or InquiryforDynamicsSL.msi file to begin the installation.
Walk through the installation wizard following the on screen instructions for each step. You will be asked to:
Accept the Accountable Software License Agreement.
Select the Database Install Options:
Install the Database Installer Utility - This selection installs the application needed to create the INQUIRY database. In most scenarios this option would be selected unless you have a Dynamics SL environment where each client machine has a local installtion of Dynamics SL. In this case you would first install on the database server and include this option, then you would install INQUIRY on the client workstations and would not want to include the Database Installer.
Run the Database Installer at the end of setup - If choosing to install the Database Installer, this option launches that application as part of the setup. While it can be run later as a separate process, it is recommended to select this option.
Select the application installation path.
Confirm the installation and complete the install.
2. Complete the Database Installation: If you chose to install and run the Database install, it will launch automatically. The Database Install will guide you through the steps to create the INQUIRY Database and starting data.
The Database Installation Wizard is used to create the INQUIRY database on your SQL Server, or *upgrade your existing INQUIRY Database as new versions of INQUIRY are released. This wizard prompts for information needed to access the SQL Server, and create the INQUIRY Database, tables stored procedures and starting data.
In order to complete the Database Installation wizard, you will need a valid SQL Server Login and password for a user with administrative permissions to the SQL Server.
Note: Most typically, the database installation will be performed during the installation of the entire product. That installation will occur on the server on which the Dynamics SL executables have been installed. You can execute the Setup.exe setup file from any machine with access to the SQL server or from the SQL Server itself.
3. Finalize INQUIRY Database Security After completing the INQUIRY Database Installation process you will have in your INQUIRY Database, a Role named ANYVIEW_USERS and a User named INQUIRY_MASTER who is a member of the INQUIRY_USERS Role. The INQUIRY_USERS Role is created with the permissions required for Users of the new INQUIRY database.
4. Launch Dynamics SL using "Run As Administrator" The first time Dynamics SL is launched, after the installation of INQUIRY , the Configuration Information must be entered and saved, requiring Administrator permissions during the process.
First, Launch Dynamics SL using "right click->Run As Administrator" (if on
Vista or higher operating system). Then, In order to add the
Database connection Configuration Information, use the "All Modules" Menu
in Dynamics SL Navigation Pane, and Select "Inquiry for Dynamics SL -> Inquiry".
This will the open the Configuration screen where database connection
information must be entered and saved. The information is saved to
the "InquiryForDynamicsSL.config" file in the Dynamics SL Applications folder.
5. Finalize INQUIRY Security to Content and Screen Access The last step of the installation is to ensure proper access to both screens and Inquiries. Once the content is imported or created, all security is controlled in the Screen Maintenance within Dynamics SL. Each screen and Inquiry is listed as a screen in the Screen Maintenance screen.